Travis County Tax Office

Tractor trucks and token trailers (operating within Texas) are titled and registered at the tax office.  Sales and Use tax applies to these transactions.  General documents required include:

  • 130-U
  • Title or MCO
  • Proof of Insurance
  • Identification

IRS form 2290 may apply depending on the date of application and vehicle gross weight.

Truck Tractor and token trailers (operating outside of Texas) will be issued apportioned registration through IRP and are titled at the tax office.  Registration is obtained at the TXDMV regional office.  These vehicles are exempt from Sales/Use tax.  Vehicles that are exempted from sales/use tax become taxable if they are converted from apportioned to combination registration in the first year

500 400 300 200 100 1 2 3 4 5 6 7