Veterans with a 10% or more disability rating qualify for a Disabled Veteran Exemption. You can apply the exemption to any property and it is transferrable to the surviving spouse.
- Be a Texas resident.
- Receive 10% disability compensation from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for a service-connected disability.
- Have a disability rating of 10% or classified as an unemployable individual from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Visit the Travis Central Appraisal District website to complete the application online or use their forms database to download, print and mail your application
- Required documents to send with application.
- A copy of your state-issued personal identification.
- A letter from the Veteran's Administration showing your VA percentage disability rating.
- Mail to:
Travis Central Appraisal District
P.O. Box 149012
Austin, TX 78714-9012