Can I sign up for a payment plan?
What forms of payment are accepted?
- Credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
- Debit cards that display a MasterCard or Visa logo (no ATM cards)
- Electronic bill payments you set up from your bank or credit union
- Cashier’s check or money order payable to: Travis County Centralized Collections. Payers must include the following:
- Your complete mailing address
- Your phone number with area code
- Your signature, if required
- Cash payments are accepted at the Blackwell Thurman Criminal Justice Center, 509 W. 11th St., Gault Annex, Room 1.300, Austin, TX 78701
How do I know which court to pay?
Look for your case (cause) number located on the court’s final judgment, your citation or any letter you received from Travis County collections.
Every document associated with your case, including the record of your payments, links to your cause number. You will find the number on your citation, final court judgment and usually on any court documents related to your case.
Your number begins with a letter and it’s that letter, the prefix to the number, that tells you what court you will pay.
The prefix letter determines which Court to pay:
- D = District Courts Felonies: Criminal and Civil
- Example: D-1-GN-XX-XXXXXX
- C = County Courts at Law Misdemeanors: Class A or B, Criminal or Civil
- Example: C-1-CR-XX-XXXXXX
- J = Justices of the Peace Misdemeanors: Class C, Criminal
- Example: JX-CR-XX-XXXXXX
Pay for District and County Civil bond forfeitures cases at:
Phone: (512) 854-2400
Pay for County Courts at Law cases at:
Phone: (512) 854-4476
Pay for Justice of the Peace cases at:
What should I do if I received a “demand letter” in my civil case?
Contact a civil collection specialist by:
- Phone: (512) 854-2400
- In person from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, at: