Sept. 23, 2019
Tomorrow (Tuesday, Sept. 24) is National Voter Registration Day. The Travis County Tax Office is hoping new registrations on Tuesday increase the county’s voter registration roll to above 800,000. It would mark the highest number of registered voters ever in Travis County.
The county’s almost 3,000 volunteer deputy registrars are expected to be out in force registering voters throughout the county. Many volunteers organize their own voter registration spot, but these are the ones put together by Travis County and the League of Women Voters Austin Area.
Travis County Tax Office locations:
- 8 a.m. to Noon, Joe’s Bakery, 2305 E. Seventh St. This is also Taco Tuesday and look for volunteers at this location to be sporting T-shirts that read: Eat Tacos and Vote!
- 8:15 to 10:15 a.m., Franklin’s Barbecue, 900 E. 11th St.
- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., University of Texas, outside Jester Dormitory, 201 E. 21st St.
- 2 to 6 p.m., Austin Community College Eastview, 3401 Webberville Road.
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Austin Community College Riverside, 1020 Grove Boulevard.
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Austin Community College Highland, 5930 Middle Fiskville Road.
- 8:30 to 10 a.m., Medallia, 211 E. Seventh St.
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Travis County Tax Office, 5501 Airport Blvd.
- Also, look for voter registration volunteers at select JuiceLand locations in the county.
League of Women Voters Austin Area locations:
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., People’s Community Clinic, 1101 Camino La Costa
- 6 to 10 p.m., Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas: Lakeline, 14028 Highway 183 and South Lamar, 1120 S. Lamar Blvd.
View news release (PDF).